Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Plan

Okay team. The google group has failed me...I was really hoping that it would work out, but it looks like we're going to have a blog. We can't organize it in quite the same way, but at least we can really easily share images, which is really important. That being said, here is a review of the image bank post I tried to make earlier:

One of the first things I would like us to start doing is creating an image bank! I know you've pretty much all done this before, but just to make sure we're all on the same page: the goal of creating an image bank is to start creating a visual conversation between us. I want us to start translating all of the initial reactions and feelings we have about the play into visuals.

For this first round of image banking I want us to be as uninhibited as possible. Sometimes searching things like "family" or "home" can yield useful results, but try following your gut feelings and looking
for things out of the ordinary. Clearly I didn't have a fish in mind when I wrote this play, but while going through a magazine I saw this image and it spoke to me. I find that, if you can, using things like
magazines and books can be really helpful in this first stage as opposed to the internet, because you have tangible pages you can flip through and it's a little easier to not over-think your image choices. That being said, use whatever method you feel most comfortable with.

I'd like to put a little deadline on this, just to make sure we're all working at the same time. If you can all have some images posted to this group in a week (so by Tuesday 7/12), that'd be great. As always,
email me if you have any questions/concerns/wanna have skype date, etc.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home